Analysing business and product performance, proposing strategy and improvements and taking those improvements through to the relevant departments.
Supporting the Head of Community in driving performance and development of the current business community.
Proactively reaching out to wedding industry professionals to gather insights and feedback into the service we provide.
• A numerical and analytical mind – you are able to interpret and present data
• Great people and relationship building skills – you must be comfortable to pick up the phone and engage with wedding industry professionals
• Being organised, comfortable with multi-tasking and have good attentoin to detail (i.e. you just spotted the typo!)
• Confident in using Excel
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Degree in an analytical subject
It would be really great, but not essential if you have:
• Experience with HTML coding, python and pandas
Bridebook.co.uk is an investor-backed technology company headquartered in the heart of Notting Hill. We are now the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, backed by leading investors, so this is a particularly exciting time to join a vibrant and driven team. Since launching our site in 2016, we now have over 100,000 couples planning their weddings with us, and have been named by The Telegraph as the highest rated wedding planning app in the world!
Generous holiday allowance: Bridebook operates enhanced holiday allowance increasing for every complete year of employment. We also offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 Dec - 1 Jan. All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days.
Team events: We have many social activities, team events, and annual company summits
Amazing culture: Free team lunch and evening cocktails every Friday, casual dress code, a constant supply of fruits, snacks, sweet treats, and tea/coffee
Please note: We are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies